Storytime Magazine Ltd is the owner of Storytime Magazine and Storytime Hub, and we are the data controller for the information required to process your Orders and manage your Subscriptions.
This will include name and address of schools, teachers or parents who order our products, and the names of children where these have been provided by our Subscribers.
We do not and will never share any personal data with any third parties other than those who need to receive it to administer your Subscription – for example our mailing house or customer services.
All companies involved in processing personal data have signed a contract with us to agree processes to protect your data.
We will never knowingly contact any child directly, other than to deliver the product that has been ordered.
We will always process personal data securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
When you have placed an order, we process your data within the lawful basis of ‘contractual obligation’. This means we only take information from you which is required in order to process your subscription and give you, or the recipients, the best possible customer experience.
We collect the information you provide to us so that we can process your order, manage your subscription and deliver the service you have paid for. This information includes your name, email address and home or school address.
For hard copy deliveries, this information includes name, billing address and contact information of the person or organisation placing the order, and if different, name and delivery address of the recipient.
In order for pupils to register and log in, our student record stores their names, once you have entered them, and assigns unique passwords. We also have a facility to record class name.
Storytime does not and will never process any pupil data held within the Storytime Hub for any purpose, marketing or otherwise.
We automatically collect basic functional information regarding the use of the Storytime Hub when you visit our Storytime Hub. This information is known as Functional Data and Additional Usage Data and it is collected using cookies and similar technologies when you use, access or interact with the Storytime Hub. (Please see the section on Cookies below for more information.)
We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access the Storytime Hub, the operating system and version you are using, your IP address, your general geographic location as indicated by your IP address, your browser type, the web pages you visit, which ones you interact with and how.
When We Will Use This Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
• Where we have your consent
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests – for example if we have a related product or service that you might legitimately be interested in, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. In such an instance you always have a choice of opting out or unsubscribing by contacting us.
How We Will Use This Data
The data we collect is used to process orders, deliver the Storytime Hub service effectively and improve your experience. We also use the data to communicate with you. For example, we may need to update you about your account, introduce new products or services, or inform you about security and other technical updates. We will never contact a child directly (other than if you have requested it via the physical delivery of their product). All other correspondence will be conducted directly with the purchaser. Data will be used as follows:
• We will store the contact details that were given to us at the time of purchase (unless these are later changed by you). This is to ensure a good service and effective communication. The subscriber may be contacted regarding delivery issues, changes to the service, changes in payment terms or any other service-related issues or technical updates. As long as you are an active customer, we will continue to send you necessary information about your subscription via the contact details you have provided us. This processing is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligation to our customers.
• We use data to provide, operate, support and improve the Storytime Hub service to ensure you can use the application as easily and smoothly as possible. This processing is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligation to our customers.
• We use data to respond to customer enquiries, diagnose Product problems, and provide other customer care and support services. This processing is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligation to our customers.
• We may use data for research purposes and to develop and improve our Products and Services. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
• We use data to protect the security and safety of the Storytime Hub and our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
• We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
• If you have an active subscription, you may receive a regular newsletter. We may also send you emails, letters through the post and phone you from time to time to let you know about other products from Storytime that may be of interest to you, or invite you to take part in a survey. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any of these communication channels, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know which channels you would prefer us not to use when contacting you with marketing messages.
Protecting Your Data
You can only access your Storytime Hub account information and our service through the use of an individual user login and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please notify us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. You should always log out and close your browser when you finish your session. If you have any questions about the security of personal information submitted through the Storytime Hub, you can contact us at email@example.com
Storage Of Data
Data is stored securely with Storytime Magazine Ltd and third parties that require the information to process and administer the subscription. Our third party suppliers must also strictly follow the GDPR legislation. Data is not shared beyond our contracted third parties.
Your Rights Under GDPR
Data Subject Access Request: You have the right to access the personal information we may hold about you. On receipt of such a request, we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible, but at least within one calendar month. You must provide us with 2 forms of personal identity to ensure that we only disclose to you information which is relevant to you personally. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances:
• Rectification You have the right to request that we amend any personal information that may be incorrect or require updating.
• Erasure You have the right to request that we delete any personal information pertaining to you.
• The right to restrict processing Individuals have a right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data. If you decide to do this, we will continue to store the data, but not further process it until we have agreed a solution to the issue you have raised. If you have a subscription with us, this will stop us from being able to deliver your magazines.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for tracking and record-keeping purposes. We use session cookies to allow you to sign in to our site easily, and you can remove cookies via your browser’s ‘clear cookie’ function. Please see allaboutcookies.org